Saturday, October 20, 2007

Waiting for the Sun

After a streak of a few nights where I actually got some good, quality sleep, last night was a return to misery. Sigh!! I just couldn't get comfortable. And even when I did get comfortable, it would only stay that way for a few minutes before I needed to move again. It got to the point where I'd get up to go to the bathroom, get a drink of water, pet the cat, do anything to avoid sleeping. When I was in bed, I would just stare at the clock and wish the sun would hurry up and rise already, because sleeping clearly wasn't working for me. Which of course caused me to get the chorus of "Waiting for the Sun" (by The Doors) stuck in my head. sigh.... Last night sucked.

Anyway... I wish I wasn't so exhausted, because today is such a gorgeous day! We have all the windows open, and a warm breeze is blowing through the house. There isn't a cloud in the sky! It's not hot, though-- just the perfect temperature! If I wasn't pregnant and had the energy, I would make Gus go rollerblading with me down by the beach. But I'm thinking that's not such a great idea at this point! :P Instead, I think I will bake sugar cookies. The house is clean, everything is packed and ready to go, and all I want to do is bake... Who wants to come over and help me eat them??

No comments: