Thursday, October 11, 2007

Misc. Thoughts

  • I went to the supermarket after work today to pick up a few things, including a gallon of milk (since I am a raging milkaholic). As always, I looked to make sure I found the one with the latest expiration date, but this time they were all the same: October 22nd. Then it occurred to me: I will most likely have this baby before the gallon of milk goes bad! And milk doesn't last very long. It was a strange moment.

  • I also had a horribly vivid nightmare last night (well, early this morning, I suppose). In my dream, I found out that I had some advanced form of untreatable stomach cancer. The doctor told me that I would most likely die during childbirth, and that I'd never get to hold my baby. Yeah, it really sucked (understatement of the century!). I started bawling in my dream, and woke myself up sobbing uncontrollably. It took me at least 10 minutes to pull myself back together after realizing it was just a dream. And this all happened at 5:30AM, so my last half hour of potential sleep was destroyed. What a crummy way to start the day, huh??

  • Last but not least, tomorrow is my last day of work! I can't even believe it! Fridays are always great, anyway, but I've decided to treat myself to another chai latte from Starbucks on my way to school, and then one of my coworkers has arranged to go pick up lunch for a bunch of us to celebrate my last school lunch before baby. It's pretty hard to go out to eat when you only have a 40 minute lunch break with a firm beginning and ending time, so "outside food" is always a treat! At any rate, tomorrow should be a great day (and I bet there will be presents, too! hehe!).

1 comment:

Alayna said...

Congratulations on your last day!! And ugh about the horrible dream :( I bet it was a huge relief to wake up and realize it was just a dream!