Monday, October 22, 2007

Okay for Now...

Well, we're still here! We've been keeping a close eye on the news/internet all day long, and by some miracle we still haven't been ordered to evacuate. I keep getting calls from people on my cell phone who assume we've evacuated, but nope! Pretty much the entire area has been evacuated to the north of us, extending all the way to the coast. And a good-sized area has been evacuated to the southwest of us, including Kori's house. But somehow, our little neighborhood has become an island in the stream. The scary thing, now, is that it's dark. Which means we need to attempt to sleep, if that's even possible. The cars are still fully loaded and ready to go, but the thought of being woken up by one of those reverse-911 calls or (worse!) an emergency worker pounding on the door is not something I look forward to. I just hope we can make it safely through the night!

I finally got my doctor situation figured out, though, which is good. After talking to a whole bunch of people who didn't quite understand what the big deal was (this baby has to come OUT, and SOON), I finally got in touch with a really nice woman who "got it," and bent over backwards trying to find me answers. I'm actually going to go to the hospital tomorrow, where they'll conduct a non-stress test to check on the baby. If necessary, they'll schedule me for an induction. It's not quite what I'd hoped (my doctor was DEFINITELY going to schedule induction tomorrow), but at least they're going to check on him and make sure everything's okay. My regular doctor's office is closed until further notice, and it sounds like my doc was one of the people who had to evacuate... I hope his house is okay...

1 comment:

Joyce said...

Briar,

My gosh...it's just incredible what you're going through! I'll be watching for updates and thinking about you throughout the day. Stay safe!

Joyce