Sunday, October 14, 2007

Being Proactive...

I think Nikos must have read my blog entry from yesterday, because he was a very good baby last night and didn't try to smoosh any of my internal organs. Hooray! That, combined with my fatigue from the previous night, meant that I only got up one (1) time to go to the bathroom. Hallelujah! Really, it was some sort of miracle. And it's made all the difference in the world, because I am so much happier today! :)

Over the past few days, Gus and I have started being proactive in terms of getting labor going. We've tried the most obvious method, to no avail. This morning, we took a long walk around a local lake, but so far nothing has come of it (though the exercise was good). Actually, the walk was kind of fun! The Miramar Air Show is this weekend, and we had a great view of the air station from one end of the lake. A lot of people were actually sitting there with lawn chairs and picnic baskets, watching the planes fly overhead. A few of them came really close to us, too, which was cool! When we finally got home, I continued my exercise by vaccuuming the entire house. We had spicy chili for dinner last night, and are going to have (spicy) Mexican food tonight. I even bought (and drank) some Raspberry Leaf Tea, which some people believe triggers labor. Still-- nothing! I know he's going to get here whenever he is good and ready, but the thought of possibly remaining pregnant for another week or two really depresses me. And since my mom had me two weeks after my due date, I am seeing this as a very real possibility. :(

Anyway, there is some progress to note, although this definitely qualifies as "too much information" for you squeamish-types. I am pretty sure I lost my mucus plug last night. ("What's that???") That, in and of itself, really doesn't mean much, seeing as I already knew I was dilating/effacing. BUT... If I take after my mom, this baby will definitely be here by the end of the week. I am keeping my fingers crossed!

P.S. We put my suitcase in the car this morning! EEEK!!!!

No comments: