Monday, October 8, 2007

PROGRESS! REAL PROGRESS!

I am so happy right now!!!!!!!! Gus and I got back a little while ago from my 39-week appointment, and things have really changed since last week! First, the little guy has actually dropped somewhat (though it's totally not visible from the outside-- my belly still looks really high). He has also flipped sideways, so he's no longer in the "sunny-side up" position. He's still not in the optimal position, but this is a move in the right direction! My cervix (sorry if this is TMI) is 75% effaced, and I am officially 1 centimeter dilated. Hooray!

Before the internal exam, I had asked the doctor about his policy on inducing labor. Basically, I wanted to know how long he'd make me suffer wait before trying to smoke the kid out. He told me that he wouldn't let me go beyond 42 weeks, but they wouldn't induce until I was at LEAST a week past my due date. Great!!! HOWEVER (and here is the crazy part)-- he is predicting that I will go into labor within the next week. He's saying there's a 70% chance that I won't be seeing him at my appointment next Wednesday. I can't even believe it!!! I just hope I can make it through work this week- there are still so many loose ends I need to tie up. EEEEEK!!!!!! :)

2 comments:

Alayna said...

Wow!! So exciting! Sounds like this could be a big week for you guys :)

Anonymous said...

breathe! whooooo..... heeee...... go briar!!!