Wednesday, October 24, 2007

The Runaround

I don't know what to do.

My obstetrician isn't responding to my messages, and I'm eight days overdue. He told me time and time again that he would not let me remain pregnant past 42 weeks. He also said he was going to schedule an induction for me at my 41 week appointment, which was supposed to be yesterday. But he's not checking his emails, apparently, and I can't find anyone who will just CALL him already (he doesn't give out his personal phone numbers to patients-- we're supposed to reach him through his office, which is closed). I keep dealing with people who work at a call center, and who have no idea what's going on. And I am about ready to scream!!!

The most irritating thing is that I keep getting the runaround. Like yesterday, when the hospital finally had me come in for a non-stress test (after begging and pleading my case with a labor and delivery nurse). When it was all said and done, they told me that my OB has to be the one to schedule induction-- regardless of the results, which were (luckily) just fine. How come another OB can't do it?? I get that I'm not someone else's patient, but this would seem like a special circumstance. After all, I know that my OB would have already scheduled me for induction, if only he were around. I have no idea where he is.

So here is my plan... I will try getting another message to him today, and hope that the clinic reopens tomorrow (not likely). If it DOES reopen, I am going to go there myself and at least talk with the receptionists there (who I'm sure would CALL him without even thinking twice-- they are awesome ladies). If it doesn't reopen tomorrow, and I haven't heard back from my doctor, then I will be raising hell on the telephone until I can get someone to call him. And if that doesn't work, I'm going to call another OB's office directly and explain what's happening. And if THAT doesn't work, I don't know... I'll probably just sit here and cry, I suppose. Because this sucks, and it seems like nobody is willing to help me.

Could somebody just make me go into labor already????

***UPDATE (9:20AM): I called the main Ob/Gyn phone number again, connecting me to the same call center, but I think I finally spoke with someone who understands. She is going to have the hospital's on-call OB call me. The OB happens to be a woman, so I'm hoping that she'll understand. I started crying on the phone, though-- I honestly couldn't help it-- this whole thing has me so frustrated, and this particular woman seemed so nice/empathetic. I really hope that this other OB calls me back soon.

No comments: