Monday, October 22, 2007

Evacuation

It looks like we might be evacuating soon... The cars are totally packed and ready to go (except for the animals and this laptop), and the mandatory evacuation area has grown to include the major thoroughfare that leads into our neighborhood. If we go, we'll be staying with our friend Tony and his family, south of here. My boss just called a while ago, and she said that our school nurse definitely lost her home this morning, and that four other teachers quite possibly lost theirs as well. My doctor's office is completely shut down (I don't think it burned, which is a miracle-- it was right in the path), and I've just spent the last half hour calling every number I have to figure out what's going on. I had an appointment scheduled for tomorrow, at which point my doctor was supposed to schedule my induction, but I don't think that's going to happen. At this point, I am waiting for the on-call Ob/Gyn to call me from the hospital to figure out my situation. This kid can't stay inside forever, and I definitely need to be checked on! This whole thing is such a mess... :(

P.S. They closed the freeway again... so instead of being 45 minutes away, my parents are now several HOURS away... I hope this baby stays inside for at least one more day!!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Briar, the timing on this is really unbelievable! You will never forget this one! I am thinking about you and hoping you're ok. Lots of love to you and Nikos!!

Steph said...

Briar!!! Are you okay??

Alayna said...

Oh my God! We are thinking of you guys (all three of you) and hoping you got out smoothly and are now at your friend's house. We're sending you lots of good thoughts and hopes for Nikos to stay in one more night...

H.A.M. said...

nikos, stay inside. don't come out yet!