Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Tuesday

Today was a pretty typical Tuesday. We dropped Nikos off at preschool, and then Maya and I ran errands (post office, bank, etc.) until it was time for story hour at the library. I got us there a little early so I could chat with the librarian about our missing library book, and was shocked when she told me not to worry about it! She was soooo laid back! I have already ordered a replacement copy of "Franklin's Neighborhood," and I will insist on giving it to them (maybe along with some other books), but oh my gosh. I guess this is life in a small town? haha!

Anyway, the story hour theme this week was Easter. They read books about it, did an Easter basket art project, AND... they got to hunt for eggs in the library! It was so cute! Maya found hers in a basket on one of the tables. Such a fun surprise! We love going to story hour! (warning: blurry cell phone pic!)

After that, we picked up the boy, came home, ate lunch, cleaned up, and played outside. It was a little chilly and windy, but the sky was clear and the sun was shining. Nikos wanted to play "knight in shining armor," and Maya wanted to make bubbles. In a burst of inspiration, I made some homemade bubble liquid, put it in a plastic Christmas cookie "tin", and let them experiment with different kitchen utensils. It was great fun! Later, Maya wanted to "paint", so I grabbed a bucket of water and a few paint brushes so they could "paint" the swing set. Nikos painted his shield (which, by the way, has the "Rainbow Dragon of Love" on it. Where does he get this stuff?). And I sat in the sunshine and took pictures with my tiny camera. Lots of them. So here you go!






And that was pretty much our day! Oh, the building inspector came out to look at our pellet stove, and we are good to go. In fact, he hardly looked at it-- he was more interested in chatting about this house. It seems that he (along with everyone else in this town) has been in here a bunch of times! He was saying what a neat old house it was, and how it had so much potential to be something really, really special. We agree (obviously!), though it will take time to get there! Still, it's so cool to live in sort of a "landmark" house in a small town with so much history.

No comments: