Saturday, April 28, 2012

Family Day!

This is going to be a drive-by post, but I just wanted to talk really quickly about our day! My parents got in at almost 8:00 last night, and the kids stayed up to greet them (yay!). They were really wound up, but we still managed to get them to bed. And then, Gus' mom arrived this morning, shortly after everyone got up. Total excitement overload! We then headed out to watch Nikos' second baseball game, where we all froze our booties off (it was SO. COLD.). After coming home to thaw out for a bit in front of our glorious pellet stove, we went to lunch at the local farm. Today was the HUGE town-wide yard sale, which meant that the traffic around town was insane!! I had no idea! But we really didn't have time (or motivation) to check out all the houses. Next year!

Later on, after doing some birthday party prep, we all drove over to the local elementary school so that Nikos could demonstrate his new bike-riding abilities. To be honest, we hadn't taken him out since the time I posted the video on here a few weeks ago. And he was AMAZING today! His pedaling and steering had improved drastically, and he even had a few times where he completed a successful loop all the way back to the person who "launched" him. Incredible! He never ceases to amaze me!

For dinner, we went to our favorite restaurant in the area, which was just lovely. I have never seen anyone more excited about an ice cream sundae than Maya was tonight. It was SO cute! She was so, so, SO enthusiastic about every aspect of the sundae... and then proceeded to inhale it! Funny kid! She also impressed me with her writing abilities. She showed me that she knew how to write quite a few letters, and she also drew the number "10." All recognizable. She couldn't do this a week ago, I swear!!

Anyway, I had the waitress take a picture of us all. It's horrendous, but it marks an occasion. So here you go! And good night! :)

No comments: