Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Almost 3!

Our sweet girl will be three years old one week from today. I can't believe it! I just thought I'd share these photos from today. I spent most of the day cleaning and getting things ready for her party and our houseguests. She and her brother kept themselves occupied nicely, playing together and, at one point, coloring. Nikos shrieked for me to come see when Maya drew this. He was so excited about what a "great job" she did on it! Can you tell what it is?
It's a pig! And I love it. I think it's fantastic that she is starting to draw things that are recognizable. Go Maya!!

Then later, she conked out on the red couch. Poor baby was exhausted after all our smoke alarms went off at 4:45 this morning. Ugh! The darn things are all hard-wired, so it only takes one to trigger the others. And there was no smoke-- I can only guess that dust on one of the sensors triggered the alarm. All the backup batteries have been replaced, and I also went through and vacuumed all of the alarms today (there are a LOT of them!). I put them all back up, and now I am crossing my fingers that we don't get a repeat performance tonight. They are so LOUD. I mean, I guess that's the point, but I was still "hearing" them for hours after it happened. And the adrenaline rush made it really hard to go back to sleep. I was a little jealous when I saw this:
And that's it, for now! I'm tired!

---------------------------------------
P.S. I just wanted to share this picture, since I am obsessed with local birds, haha! This would be the omnipresent American Robin. These guys looooooove our yard, and are always out there. They aren't the brightest, but they are entertaining! :)

No comments: