Sunday, April 15, 2012

Easter, Part 2

So, the Greek Easter Bunny came today! He brought all sorts of goodies (courtesy of yiayia and papou), and the kids began their day by once again feasting on candy. It's a rough life! I had meant to do another egg hunt outside, but we ran out of time today. But we'll do it another day this week!

The reason we ran out of time was that we had a birthday party today. Little Paige is two years old! I had helped Caryn get things ready on Friday, and was then assigned to be the official photographer today. It was a lot of fun! Her friends and family are all very friendly and fun-loving people, and I really enjoyed getting to hang out with them (many of whom I'd already met at one point or another). I was actually surprised to realize that I knew so many of them, but it definitely made the party that much more enjoyable. The kids were right at home, of course, since this was their third time over there this week, haha! Here are just a few pictures from the party... I took about a million!



Right when Paige was blowing out her candles, Gus showed up! He was actually in Chile all this past week on business, and we knew he'd meet up with us at the party, but seeing the kids' reaction was heartwarming nonetheless. It almost makes me want to go away for a while (key word: almost!). They were SO happy to see their daddy again, and smothered him with kisses and hugs. So, so sweet!

Gus got to eat some lunch and meet pretty much everyone. And then he made Nikos very happy by pushing him on the swings for a long time. So long, in fact, that I decided to just go inside and help Caryn start packing up the food. A few minutes later, Gus walked in with a very sleepy? sad? Nikos in his arms. I wasn't sure what was wrong, but he did NOT look happy. At that point, we called it a day and headed back home.

Once we got back, Nikos fell asleep on the couch almost instantly. And when he woke up about an hour later, it wasn't too long before he burst into tears. We had such a hard time figuring out what the problem was! He said he hurt, pointing roughly to where his appendix is (yes, that freaked me out!). I tried putting him on the toilet-- no success. I asked him if he thought he was going to throw up, and he said yes. So I grabbed a trash can. He leaned over and gagged a few times, but nothing came out. After that, he calmed down and said he just needed to rest. So, we did exactly that. Later, he ate a small dinner and seemed pretty much okay, aside from being tired. He actually asked to go to bed early! And he feels a little warm to me, but is sleeping just fine. So, we shall see what tomorrow brings. I know there are some bugs going around right now. I really hope he is back to his normal, happy self when he wakes up in the morning!

And that was pretty much our day! Tomorrow, the high temperature is supposed to get close to ninety degrees! Hard to believe. If Nikos is feeling alright, we might go check out an indoor play place and then eat lunch at the hot dog cart by the lake (Nikos has been begging to go there every time we drive by). We shall see!

No comments: