Sunday, January 22, 2012

Sickies

So... Gus was sick first. Then it became clear by yesterday morning that Nikos had joined the club. Today it was my turn. Maya seems okay for now, but she was particularly cranky this afternoon and I fear she's next. Ugh! It's just a cold, at least. I'm actually surprised we haven't really been sick before now! I think the kids and I probably have pretty awesome immune systems, after all our exposure to germs (them in daycare since they were babies, and me teaching elementary school for a billion years). *knock on wood!*

Still, we didn't let our stuffy noses stop us from enjoying the beautiful powder left by yesterday's storm. Gus inflated our new innertube-style "sled," and we took it out back after lunch. I can't get over how much fun it is to just walk out into the yard and go sledding. No driving anywhere... it's, like, right there! Super fun!

Anyway, both kids loved the new tube... to the point where they were hogging it, and Gus and I were only allowed on the other sleds. Fine with us! Gus loves zipping down the hill head-first on the blue sled, seeing how close he can get to the dropoff (he was actually hanging over the edge at one point... brilliant). I was content to slide down on Maya's zippy pink sled and just throw the powder around, making it "snow" on the kids. It really was fun to throw/kick around. It was horrible for building snowmen or making snowballs, but amazingly light and sparkly in the sun!

At any rate... Here's a video of the kiddos on one of their first rides down the hill. Maya loved stretching out on it and pretending to sleep as she glided down. Silly girl!

And look! I am actually in a photo! Me and my babies:

One more... Nikos sitting on the remnants of our second snowman, may he rest in peace.

Tomorrow is supposed to be rainy and quite a bit warmer, so all this lovely powder should turn into quite a slushy mess. I doubt we will be getting outside to play, so maybe I will go run errands instead. Boo!

No comments: