Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Brr!!

After we got up, ate some breakfast, and I'd had a cup of coffee, I checked the weather website this morning. It looked positively beautiful outside-- bright blue skies, not a cloud in sight! So imagine my surprise when I saw this:

Thank goodness for central heating, is all I have to say! I had no idea it was so cold out there!

Anyway, I had planned on a trip to the home improvement store, but the super-coldness, combined with the fact that Nikos did NOT want to get dressed, made me reassess my plan. I realized that I had everything I needed to paint Maya's bedroom, so I sucked it up and finally did it. I want to say that I hate painting, but the fact is that I don't. I despise all the prep work, and edging, and inside corners. Oh, and cleaning up. But the part where I use the roller to slap some paint on the walls? That part is kind of fun! And seeing the end result is the best part of all.

Maya chose her room color, just like Nikos did. I was unsure of her choice. She loves purple and pink, but I had hoped she would pick something that was either "more pink" or "more purple." As opposed to a purply-pink, which she made a beeline for. But, in the spirit of "it's just paint," I bought a gallon of "Politely Purple," and the rest is history. And honestly, I think it looks good! It doesn't really go with her bedding and whatnot, but it's given me some ideas of how I'd like to do her "big girl" room. Maybe for her birthday!

Also, while I was painting, a package arrived on our doorstep. Don't laugh at me... but we bought an electric fireplace! hehe! It's essentially a decorative space heater. This house is enormous, and we turn the heat way down low once the kids are asleep. We thought it would be nice to have a heater just for the living room, where we watch tv (and blog!). And, well, we liked the idea of one that looked like a little wood stove, hehe! So we used some gift cards, and it arrived today. I love it!

Anyway, tomorrow is another preschool day, and Maya and I are going to meet up with my friend and her daughter for a "girls-only" coffee-and-pastries date while the boys are at school. Should be fun!

No comments: