Saturday, January 7, 2012

Potty Training: Day 2

Day two went pretty well, all things considered!

She didn't go to the bathroom as often, so there weren't as many opportunities for success. She did have a few accidents earlier in the day, but she (again) showed improvement after lunch. Actually, today marked a few milestones! One was that she use the "big" potty, without a training seat or anything. That was mostly a matter of timing and proximity, but she thought it was funny and clung to me for dear life while she did her business. She also pooped in the potty for the first time-- woohoo!! And, I'm pleased to report that there were no poop accidents today. Hallelujah! Finally, she impressed me tremendously by announcing mid-bath that she needed to go. With no prompting or reminders! Gus put her on the potty and, sure enough, she went. Yippee!!!

Anyway, I am proud of our little Potty-training Princess (she likes when I call her that, haha!). She even took an unexpected two-hour nap on the couch this afternoon, and woke up dry. Progress, my friends! I can see the light at the end of the tunnel!

And, just because I think it's adorable... our Sleeping Beauty during her nap. *sigh* I love her!

And yes, she is sleeping on top of a waterproof bed pad and underneath an old towel. The joys of potty-training, haha!

No comments: