Saturday, January 14, 2012

More Snow Fun

Maybe it's because snow is still such a novelty for us, but we have so much fun playing in it! Today was made even more fun by the fact that Gus was able to join us. As soon as we were done with lunch, we piled on the snow clothes and ran out to the back yard!

We haven't had any real snowfall since Thursday's storm, so the snow that's still out there is getting a pretty thick crust of ice on top. This means two things. One is that it is a lot harder to walk on, particularly if you are a little girl who doesn't weigh very much. Maya wasn't heavy enough to break the crust, so she was sliding everywhere! The second thing is that the sleds go a lot faster when it's a little icy. Wheee! I'm not sure who had more fun-- Gus or the kids. Gus actually got up so much momentum at one point (going headfirst down the hill) that he had to stop himself from going over the dropoff. When we eventually came back in, he said he wanted to go back out by himself later. haha! He didn't want to share the sleds! He also confessed that he wants it to snow some more so he can devise some sort of elaborate luge run that winds down the hill. It sounds fun, as long as he's the one making it and not me!

Anyway, I took pictures, since that's what I do! The kids were so happy to have Daddy back in town, and loved playing with him. Can you tell?



Oh, and I totally bribed my kids to come inside by offering them cupcakes. I am pretty sure I am the Mother of the Year. But look at Maya's face! Totally worth it! (and Nikos has MAJOR hat hair, haha!)

Once we were frosting-free, we decided to go and run some errands. This took longer than expected, and we ended up going out to dinner, too! I am pleased to report that Maya did not have a SINGLE accident today. Not one!!! This is a first! She's typically had at least one accident a day so far, though she certainly has a lot more successes. My one complaint was that she told me she had to go potty like five times during dinner. She actually went one time. Thankfully, we were seated near the restroom, but sheesh! My dinner was cold by the time I got to eat it! Even Nikos went to the bathroom twice, which is unusual. Our waiter would laugh when he came by, because the four of us were hardly ever there at the same time. So, yeah... we've had better dining-out experiences. But that's life with a newly potty-trained kiddo! We will survive!

No comments: