Thursday, July 19, 2007

Let There Be Paint!

My parents were total superstars today... They showed up at around 10am, and had the nursery painted in about an hour with very little mess (they are good!). While I grilled us up some bacon cheeseburgers for lunch, my dad fixed a leaky sprinkler valve in the yard and my mom pruned all my rosebushes. Then, my mom touched up the paint job and cleaned up the brushes, while my dad showed me how to properly measure, cut, and fit crown moulding. We cut all the pieces for the baby's room, and it was NOT easy work! I actually had no idea how involved it was... I always just figured that you could cut a simple 45-degree angle on the ends, and that would be it (just like with baseboard). But since crown moulding sits on the wall at an angle, the places where the pieces come together are all compound angles (hence the necessity of a compound miter saw)... it's a nightmare!! At any rate, I'm going to paint the pieces over the next few days, and then they will come back this weekend to help Gus actually get it up there. But the hard work is done-- at least until we start the next room (ugh!). Anyway, here are some pictures of our nursery-in-progress... I LOVE the color so much! The wooden blocks on the walls are guides for fitting the crown moulding- they'll be gone in a few days...





UP NEXT: Paint and install crown moulding and baseboards, paint door and door frame to match trim, replace door hardware, deep-clean carpet, clean out closet, and assemble crib. We've got a busy weekend ahead of us-- thank God we've got A/C! :)

P.S. My parents ROCK!!!

No comments: