Saturday, July 28, 2007

Where's the Baby?

This morning, I finally finished my wall art project for the baby's room. I think it turned out pretty well!

Oh, and by the way-- his name is Nikos! haha!! I don't think I have ever actually mentioned it on here, but we've known it since the day we found out he was a he. Gus' real name is Konstantinos Nikos, and the baby will be Nikos Konstantinos (like Gus' dad-- see a pattern?). We'll probably call him Nick when he gets older, but I just can't imagine calling a little baby "Nick." And I really don't like the nickname "Nicky," so he will be Nikos for a while (along with a host of other names I am sure to come up with... as evidenced by the fact that I call Charlie "Chunky" or "Kittyboo" most of the time!).

Anyway... I found the wall letters at Michael's, and they were too good a deal to pass up! I originally planned to paint them white, but Gus wanted more color in the room... It was starting to be purely blue-and-white. That's actually what inspired the flags on the ledge! My mom took a look at our colors and said, "Wow, this is going to be a very Greek room" (referring to the colors of the Greek flag). But then I realized: blue and white are also the colors of the Scottish flag, and my family is Scottish! So I made a little Scottish flag and a little Greek flag, using the wall paint, some white ribbon, and a hot glue gun (and I burnt myself! OW!). They turned out pretty well. Now all I need is a baby to put in there!! Oh, and a mattress, too. That would probably be helpful. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow! it's been a while since I've checked your blog. my GAWD! i clicked on "bare belly" and i can't believe you're growing so fast!

i love love love the room! i can't wait to see you when i get back to socal.