Saturday, July 7, 2007

Swelling

As it turns out, I am growing in more places than previously thought! :P Yesterday, for the first time, I had to wrestle to get my rings off. While I was able to get them on first thing this morning, I took them off to make peach preserves (yum!!) this afternoon... and couldn't get them back on. At all. I don't think my fingers look swollen, but I guess they are. sigh... At any rate, I bought myself a new ring that is a size and a half bigger than my others (and much cheaper, at a whopping $6.50!). Check out my new bling (and, sadly, the old bling that doesn't fit):
 

In other swelling news... my feet are getting bigger. I think it's a combination of being pregnant, wearing nothing but flip-flops for the past month or so, and the heat wave we've been having, but I went shoe shopping the other day and nothing fit. I have been a size 7 for as long as I can remember, and I ended up buying a pair of size 8's. Now, I'm actually regretting that I didn't get the size 8 1/2 instead-- I might return them, because they're too tight. :(
Now to end on a positive note... I think I am in a "nesting" phase, which means I have been super-incredibly productive around the house! Yeah!! I basically gutted the kitchen yesterday, taking everything out of the cupboards and drawers and re-lining everything with non-adhesive rubber matting. Then I went through our bookcases and cleaned out all the books we really don't need or want. And I cleaned out the entire entertainment center in the living room (which is enormous) and recycled all the magazines under the coffee table. I am totally on a roll!!! My goal is to thoroughly clean out one room a day until the Frenchman leaves-- then I can focus all my attention on the baby's room. I already have three big boxes of stuff for the Salvation Army. It's amazing how much crap two people can accumulate, and in such a short time!

1 comment:

H.A.M. said...

Dang, Briar. You've been so productive this summer, but it makes sense since the baby will be arriving soon. How are you going to paint with your belly- which is looking really nice and pregnant, btw? I hope your feet are doing well, especially getting a pregnant charlie horse. *sigh* Continue sharing the ups and downs of pregnancy, I feel like I'm gaining sympathy weight. Enjoy your break! I'll get in touch with you about visiting. Maybe August?