Monday, July 23, 2007

Real Progress!

Yesterday, my parents came back and we got the crown moulding installed and caulked. Then, my mom used her super-industrial-strength steam cleaner to clean the carpet, and Gus and I taped around the baseboards and touched up the blue paint. We were going to call it quits at that point, but we decided to do one more thing: assemble the crib that's been sitting in our garage for over a month! And here it is!

I can't stop looking at it... I mean, it's so WEIRD to look in that room now and think, "That's where our baby will sleep." Well, he obviously needs a mattress and stuff, but you get the idea. I keep walking over and peeking inside the nursery, because I can't get over it. I think it just makes things seem more real. Can you believe there will be a baby sleeping in there in only 12 more weeks (or thereabouts)?? WEIRD!!!

Anyway, I don't have too many major projects left in the nursery. This afternoon, I will touch up the paint around the crown moulding and any spots on the walls we might've missed. Tonight, we'll lug the changing table into the room and get that situated. Beyond that, all we have left to do is organize the closet, install a windowsill (Gus' project), and put up the curtains (I ordered the rods and am just waiting for them to arrive). I can't believe how different this room looks now, and it's been less than a week since the Frenchman left... I think he would be shocked to see his old room, hehehe!!! :)

No comments: