Saturday, July 14, 2007

SuperPaint!

Public Service Announcement: SuperPaint rocks!!! It's one of the paint products from Sherwin Williams, and I have to say that I am very pleased with it! I've been repainting the den, which I am sitting in right now (my desk is in the middle of the room... and of course I couldn't unhook my computer, not even for a day!). The walls in here used to be a faded dark blue color, and now they are yellow ("Butter Up," to be exact). The SuperPaint did a decent job of covering over the blue, but I decided to do a white basecoat, since we had a five-gallon bucket of flat white paint out in the garage. The basecoat looked like garbage, largely because the paint was old and, despite continually mixing water into it, had the consistency of paste. Getting the stuff onto the wall was a nightmare, since it was so gloopy. The coat ended up being really splotchy and uneven, but I was counting on my SuperPaint to live up to its promise (they advertise that it will generally cover a surface in only one coat). And... it did!!! I'm not 100% finished yet (I still have 1.5 walls to go), but the sections I have painted look awesome... a few minor touch-ups later on, and it should be perfect! Hooray for Superpaint! Honestly, I should just do commercials for Sherwin Williams. Their paint is like nothing else I have ever used (and, given the amount of painting I have done, that's saying something!). Next week's painting goal: the baby's room, with my lovely blue SuperPaint! Yippee!!

No comments: