Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Cooking and Cleaning and Soreness... Oh My!

I feel like an old woman today. I spent the morning cooking and cleaning (more on that later!), and was fine. Then, I decided to run some quick errands around town. I went to Sherwin-Williams to get some paint chips-- this time for the den, which I have already painted twice. The problem is that the den is blue, but it's a different blue than the nursery, and the two don't "go" (this is all Gus, by the way. I don't actually care, for once!). He thinks we should paint the den a shade of yellow instead. But I digress! After getting the paint chips, I went to the Evil Superstore(AKA Walmart) to see if they had shelves for the closet in the den (they didn't). I ended up at Home Depot, where I found what I needed. I knew they had the shelves all along, but Walmart was closer... I should have just gone there in the first place! :P

Anyway, back to the "old woman" thing: As I walked through Walmart, I started having some fun round ligament pain. Very uncomfortable!! As I continued through the store, I realized that I was walking more and more slowly because my feet were killing me. Oh, and the center of my back is constantly sore, too. I wasn't even sure if I was going to make it back to the car without needing to sit down for a while... And, right then, I ran into one of my former students and her mom (I love the whole family-- they actually came to our wedding!). Anyway, I thought I was going to die if I had to stand there and talk with them for too long. The mom rubbed my belly and asked me how I was feeling, and I told her the truth. Next thing I know, she's massaging my back in the middle of Walmart! It was a little odd, but oh my GOD it felt good! Some of my coworkers think I am nuts for living in the same community where I teach, but I swear it has its benefits sometimes. So take that, naysayers! :)

Anyway... I think the reason I feel so elderly (besides being pregnant) is that I overexerted myself yesterday. I cleaned the "big room" from top to bottom (the big room is the room that includes the living room, kitchen, dining room, and entry hall). Everything is clean and organized, inside and out! I even have a mountain of boxes for the Salvation Army to pick up tomorrow morning. Every nook and cranny in the big room is clean! Today, I took it a little bit easier and only cleaned out the coat closet in the hallway. In the middle of all this cleaning over the past few days, I made peach preserves and peach cobbler (I'm trying to use up as many of our peaches as possible before they fall off the tree or are eaten by birds). The plan for the rest of the week is to clean out the master bedroom and bathroom (easy), the linen closet (easy), and the den (AKA "Temple of Doom"). Oh, and I have jury duty, too. So we'll see what happens! I would like to have everything clean by next Tuesday, when the Frenchman leaves, so I can focus all my energy on the nursery. Wish me luck!!

P.S. All of our new crown moulding and baseboards were delivered yesterday, so now Gus has a project, too! I can't wait to see the end result! :)

No comments: