Friday, June 22, 2007

Things I Crave

We had our end-of-the-year luncheon the other day, on the last day of school, and a few of my coworkers were saying to me how I've been pretty even-tempered and not a "crazy hormonal pregnant woman." To be honest, I think they're right, and that I've been really lucky (*knock on wood!*). I've felt pretty much the same as I always have, with the exception of my "evening sickness" early on. I mentioned it to Gus, and he said pretty much the same thing. Maybe it's because I'm having a boy, so I don't have that monster surge of estrogen flooding my system?? Who knows!

That being said, I have come to realize that I do, in fact, have food cravings. For a while, it was hard to say whether or not these were cravings, because the things I want have been things I have ALWAYS liked (pregnant or not). But I realized I had a craving this afternoon when, after finishing off my second bacon cheeseburger of the week, I suddenly wanted ANOTHER one. I still want it, actually. Bacon cheeseburgers are soooooooo goooooood!!! :) Anyway, I thought I'd make a list of the foods I am craving (take notes if you plan to visit... bring a food offering and you'll be set!):
  • TACO BELL- this has been the biggest craving by far! I want it every day and, sadly, have been getting it two or three times a week. I am worried that the baby might come out looking like a Burrito Supreme (mmm... burrito supreme!)
  • Bacon Cheeseburgers (see above)
  • Homemade Biscuits, but only the kind made with Bisquick (I just about cried when I realized we were out of Bisquick, and I made a special trip to go get some.)
  • Steak. And I've never been a huge red-meat-eater!
  • Hot Fudge Sundaes
I think that's pretty much it, for the moment. Which reminds me... time to go eat dinner! Too bad I don't have any of these things right now! *sigh*

2 comments:

Alayna said...

I think there must be something with Taco Bell and pregnancy. I developed an addiction to Nachos Bell Grande during the first trimester and it is still with me, although I don't indulge it as much anymore :)

Anonymous said...

Ok, that is just weird!!! I wonder what Taco Bell puts in their food to make it so enticing to pregnant women? :P