Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Mother of the Year

So, um, I kind of forgot to mention something that happened yesterday. I think, with all the exciting events of the day, that it just slipped my mind that MAYA TOOK HER FIRST STEPS!!! Yes, please hand me that Mother of the Year Award... sheesh! I was so proud of my baby girl, but when it came time to post on the blog, I focused on the things I had pictures of. But just before naptime, Gus and I sat on the living room floor and she was repeatedly taking two or three steps to walk between us (before collapsing into our arms and giggling). Seriously, she is such a little daredevil! I think she may be a little bit ahead of her bro in this regard, but it is probably because she so desperately wants to keep up with him. At any rate, we love her little Frankenstein toddling, and can't wait to watch her become a full-time walker over the next few months. I even bought her some cute shoes! :)

In other news... I am so excited that a good friend became a daddy today! His wife went into labor yesterday, and little Israel was born early this morning. And even though he was a few days overdue, he was a little peanut-- just 5 lbs, 11 oz! The best part (for me, anyway!) is that I get to take newborn portraits of the little guy, probably next week! I will be posting those on my photography blog, so stay tuned!

No comments: