Monday, June 7, 2010

It's Here!

Summer, that is! :) After a few weeks of unseasonably cool temperatures, the weather gods seemed to have decided that it was about time for a heat wave. The result? Fun in the sun! Since Gus is leaving on a business trip later this week, and since I was gone all day yesterday, we decided to have a day of family togetherness. And I am pretty sure both kiddos had fun!

After Maya's morning nap, we loaded up the stroller, sprayed on the sunscreen, and walked down to our neighborhood park. Nikos had a blast climbing everything that was climb-able, and Maya thoroughly enjoyed her swing, as usual. After a while, though, it was just too toasty for me. So Maya and I settled down in the shade of a large tree, and she crawled around on the cool grass for a bit. Nikos and Gus joined us soon after, and then we headed back home for lunch. Here are a few pics from the park:




Since it was so hot, we thought about heading to a local community's (free) splash park after naptime. But we knew it would be crowded and, honestly, the idea of packing everyone into a hot car and driving the 20 minutes there and back didn't sound too fun. Don't get me wrong-- we WILL be going there this summer! But today just wasn't the day. Instead, I ran and bought a cheapie little wading pool for the yard (to replace our old one), and plunked the kiddos in that. Oh my goodness, they LOVED it! Especially Nikos, who splashed like a maniac and had the time of his life. Maya was a little more hesitant at first, but quickly decided that it was good fun.



All in all, it was a great day, and I am certain that they will both be sleeping well tonight. And me too, since there are only two more days of school! Hello, summer!! I can't wait to be a stay-at-home mommy for a few months! :)

No comments: