Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Highs & Lows

Well, I guess it was too much to hope against something that was pretty inevitable... This morning, my dad got taken down by the nasty virus, followed by my mom this afternoon (who had a much worse experience, from the sound of it). So basically, the entire long weekend has been spent inside dealing with different people vomiting at different times. Ugh!!! I feel really terrible for EVERYONE, especially since Gus and I have been having such a good time. Really, the only thing that would have made our trip better would have been knowing that everyone was happy and healthy af home. But, knowing that the kids were in competent hands has been a huge relief, and we have been determined to enjoy ourselves. And we have been successful!

Last night, we went to see Penn & Teller, which was a LOT of fun! The coolest part was after the show, when both Penn and Teller hung out in the theater lobby for a little meet-and-greet with fans. Sooo... Gus took my picture with each of them, AND they both signed my ticket stub! I admit, I was a little starstruck. I knew it was coming (our friend, Steph, warned us that we might get to meet them), but it was really cool nonetheless. I mean, I have seen these guys on TV since I was a kid. And they were just like I imagined they'd be, too!

Anyway, after two nights of going to shows and having scheduled events, we decided to wander today. We walked next door to the Monte Carlo after lunch today, and took the tram down to the Bellagio (which, by the way, is my new favorite hotel... The decor is so bright and happy and garden-like-- I love it!). From there, we walked across to Planet Hollywood, and then to Paris next door. We mostly just shopped and wandered, and it was fun! Until I fell down, anyway... On the walk between Planet Hollywood and Paris, there was something slippery on the sidewalk that I clearly did not see... Next thing I knew, I was doing the splits! In addition to making my already-sore legs even MORE sore, I also scraped a buch of skin off the top of my left foot and got a nasty bruise on that knee. Not fun!!!

We eventually made it back to our hotel, only to find that the pool was closed-- until Wednesday! What?!? It was over 100 degrees outside! BUT... We learned that we would be able to use the pool at the MGM Grand, which was even better! :) So we walked over and spent the afternoon there. At dinnertime, we came back to our own hotel and had a delicious dinner at Il Fornaio. And now we are just relaxing, drinking wine, watching tv, and just enjoying our last night of vacation. Because tomorrow, it's back to the real world!! I can't wait to cover my babies with kisses, and I'm sure Grandma and Grandpa are more than ready for a break!!

No comments: