Sunday, June 6, 2010

A Day Without Kids, part 2

I mentioned in the last post that I had more wine tasting plans for this weekend, so that is what I did yesterday! The kids stayed with Gus, who had a great time and took both of them to the zoo. Nikos, in particular, had a blast, and declared that he wants to go back to the zoo really, really soon. Good thing we have a family membership, right? :)

Anyway, while they were home having fun with Daddy, I drove up to the Temecula area to go wine tasting with some of my mommy-friends. Really, I call them my "internet friends," since we all met through an online parenting discussion board, but they have become some of my favorite "real life" friends. It's always funny to explain that to people! Two of the girls live just a short drive from my parents' house, and even came to Maya's birthday party last month. And the other two live up in L.A., but made the drive down to hang out. Really, for a group of people who would have otherwise been strangers, we get along SO well! We are so like-minded, in so many ways, and I don't think we stopped laughing the entire time! It is really neat, when you think about it!

At any rate, here are just a few pics from the day. I have a million of them, but since this blog is mostly about the kiddos, I will control myself. :)



And, on a side note, I made a cool discovery! We took the backroads from my friend's house out to the wineries, a way I had never been before. And I learned about a U-Pick blueberry field! I have seen lots of strawberry fields, but NEVER a blueberry one! I called my parents, and guess what we're doing next weekend? The kids (both certifiable blueberry-holics) will go crazy!!

No comments: