Friday, June 4, 2010

A Day Without Kids

It's only taken me all week to post about this, but that's just how life is these days. :P Anyway, last weekend, Gus and I got to get away for a day and go wine tasting with our very dear friends, Mike and Steph! We had a great time exploring a handful of Temecula wineries and just catching up. AND... What a fun discovery to realize that they had planned a Las Vegas trip for the same exact weekend that we were going! Such an awesome coincidence, and we are already making plans to get together while we are all there. Yippee!!! Anyway, I thought I'd share a few pics from our fun day. Really, I only took a few, because a) we were drinking wine (mostly me, since Gus was driving) and b) we were talking the whole time. So here they are!

First, Mike and Steph (hehe!) at one of the newer wineries-- it was really nice!

And an almost-in-focus wine glass, with my non-cooperative husband in the background...

And some barrels at the Briar Rose winery. :) I asked for a cork (Steph's idea), but they keep them for inventory. I think I might need to buy a bottle next time!

Funny enough, I am actually going wine tasting again this weekend (same area, probably some of the same wineries, but different friends). It should be fun! And as much as I adore my babies with all my heart, it IS nice to get away and have some grown up time. I am really looking forward to it, and our Vegas trip, too! :)

No comments: