Saturday, June 26, 2010

Blogging Poolside

What a weird feeling! I recently got this iPod Touch as part of a grant (through school), and it is such a novel thing for me to be able to blog while lounging poolside on our mini vacation! We are having a blast so far! last night, we joined our good friends Mike and Steph for an incredible dinner at delMonicos. I am pretty sure it was the most pricey meal I have ever eaten but Oh. My. Goodness. Heaven! We also played the slots a bit ( and lost), and wandered around to different bars in different hotels. Today's agenda includes relaxing by the pool (in the crazy desert heat), going out to dinner, and then going to see Cirque du Soleil-- Love tonight! I can't wait!!

On the flip side, there was bad news on the home front today. Maya is doing fine, but our sweet little boy seemed to have picked some sort of stomach bug. :( He threw up five times last night, prompting my mom to call the advice nurse (smart move, grandma!!) and move his bed into my parents' room for the night. Other than being exhausted from lack of sleep, he seems to feel fine today. He is eating and drinking, so that's good. But, he has never thrown up before, ever, so Gus and I feel pretty rotten. :(

Still, we are determined to enjoy our vacation... And on that note, it is time to hop in the pool before I melt! it is over 100 degrees right now!!

No comments: