Sunday, June 27, 2010

More from Poolside...

Well, it seems that my last blog post was a little premature... When we got back to our room after hanging out at the pool all afternoon, my mom called to let us know that Miss Maya had started throwing up. :( The good news (if you want to call it that) is that she was done throwing up by bedtime. Both kiddos slept soundly through the night, as did my parents. :) And Nikos seems to be back to his normal self today, while Maya is getting there (she is still a little more snuggly than usual). And my parents seemed to escape whatever nasty, short-lived virus that both kids had, so that's good!

Aside from the constant phone calls home to check on the kidlets, our trip is going great! We saw Cirque du Soleil "Love" last night, which was fantastic!! I know I enjoyed it (90 minutes of great Beatles music with crazy dancing/acrobatics/special effects? Yes, please!) , but I think Gus really liked it, too! After it was over, we walked next door to Treasure Island, where we played penny slots for a while (with much better luck), had a drink, then went to watch the 10 o'clock performance outside. Which, by the way, stars a girl I went to high school with, so that was kind of weird, haha! But it was very definitely her.

Today, I didn't wake up until nearly 10:30am, and then we ordered room service for brunch! That was such a nice treat. Then we got ready and took the bridge across to the MGM Grand to wander around there. Oh, and we saw the lions! :) After that, we came back, got our suits on, and headed down to the pool, where we are currently camped out. Later we'll make our way over to the Rio, and then we have tickets to see Penn & Teller. I have heard it's another great show-- I can't wait!!

2 comments:

Grant said...

Who's the Treasure Island girl?

Briar said...

I emailed you...