Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Spring Showers

I now understand the concept of "spring showers." After living in California for 33.5 years (and Southern California for 15.5 of those), I admit that the concept was kind of foreign. But the weather lately has been rainy, and warm, and humid, and, well, really nice! I am still getting the hang of dressing for these WARM rainy days, but I will figure it out! In the meantime, I've been taking lots of pictures, since the yard is so lush and green and gorgeous, and the skies are overcast enough that the lighting isn't as harsh. A photographer's DREAM!
Also, I took a picture of these wild strawberry plants growing under our balcony tonight. They ARE strawberries, are they not?
Our day was great, but I am wiped out. We had a play date all morning, followed immediately by story hour at the library. I am making another mommy friend there, so that makes two moms there that I really talk to a lot and connect with. I love having interaction with other adults!! And the children's librarian is just about the nicest person on the planet. I love her! And then we spent the rest of the afternoon and evening enjoying the warm weather out in the yard. Oh, and I painted the powder room yesterday. Busy, as always!

P.S. Gus is asleep, but we are finally getting lightning!!! And the news says we might get hail tonight, though it looks like it will be slightly north of us. Crazy storms!!

No comments: