Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day!

I hope that everyone had a fantastic day!!! My day started out very nicely, with breakfast in bed (Gus' "signature meal" of cinnamon rolls and mimosas, haha!). Maya snuggled against me while I ate, which was very sweet. Eventually, I got up and went downstairs, only to find that the kids had each picked out a six-pack of flowers for our not-yet-existent garden. The plan had originally been for Gus to build me a raised bed for a vegetable garden, but he wasn't able to get it done yesterday for a variety of reasons. So I got sort of an "IOU" for my Mother's Day gift. I was a little disappointed, but am hopeful that I will get to plant my garden next weekend. Fingers crossed!

After lunch, we decided to go for a walk on the Rail Trail. It was over eighty degrees, and SO nice outside! And, believe it or not, Gus had never been on the trail before. I think he likes it! He told me I should take a picture of this, because it was so pretty. And this was before we really got far into the trail-- it gets even more beautiful!
The critters were out in force today, too! We saw a ton of frogs, including this guy:
And Gus spotted these turtles, which plunked into the water seconds after I took this picture!
We also saw a bunch of geese crossing the trail right in front of us, moving from one pond to another. Really, it was a very nice walk!

Back at home, Maya quickly fell asleep in front of the TV. I waited for a while to give her time to rest, but I really wanted an "official" Mother's Day picture with my babies. So I woke her up and, naturally, she was kind of ticked off! Which is why she is making that face in the first picture I posted. Doh! Nikos, on the other hand, was very happy and surprisingly cooperative. I took this picture after I let Maya go back inside. And besides, this is the face that made me a mommy four and a half years ago! I can't believe how much he has grown!
Anyway, I really hope that all the mommies and mommies-to-be in our lives had wonderful days. Cheers!

No comments: