Monday, May 14, 2012

A Few Things

1. Mouse traps REALLY hurt when they close on your finger. I learned this the hard way, when I was setting a few in the garage. Charlie killed another mouse a few nights ago (Go Charlie!), and we have since filled in the hole, but I think they were getting into the wall via the garage. So I bought a few traps and set them out there. And yeah. My finger is all purple and sore. OW!!!!

2. We pulled the trigger and made some exciting purchases today! With the weather finally getting warmer, we have been wanting to enjoy our outdoor space more. So we bought a barbecue, a fire pit, and an inexpensive patio set. Gus is very excited about the barbecue, since half of it is set up for charcoal, while the other half is propane. We're both excited about the fire pit, and can't wait to roast marshmallows with the kids, or just sit out there and enjoy it in the evenings after the kids are in bed. And the table is great, because we can either put it on the screened-in porch (which will soon actually have screens, haha!) or out on the grass where our deck will eventually go. And it breaks down nicely, too, so we can store it inside during the winter months, if we want to!
3. Speaking of the porch... we submitted that project to "Ask This Old House." It's a long shot, of course, but wouldn't it be cool if the crew came and helped us fix it up? I figure our odds are better now that we live in Massachusetts and have an old house! It seems like the sort of thing that they would pick for an on-air segment, but who knows? I will keep my fingers crossed. It has to get done at some point in the not-too-distant future, but it would be way more fun to be on TV!

4. I can't believe how green our yard is. Seriously, it's crazy! Look at these two pics... one from a few months ago, one from this evening. And there are still new plants popping out of the ground and new leaves unfurling on different trees!
5. It was rainy and warm today... I loved it! In between showers, I opened the windows and the whole house had that wonderful rainy, green-growing-things smell. Heaven!!

No comments: