Friday, May 25, 2012

Just Two

Pictures, that is! We had a playdate this morning, and spent the rest of the day outside, too. It was so beautiful!
The best part of the day, though, was first thing in the morning! Nikos has been waking up earlier and earlier. He has the darkest bedroom of them all (for exactly this reason!), and yet he seems to sense when the sun is up. And it comes up early these days! Yesterday, he climbed into bed with me at 5:30, telling me it was time to get up. No, it wasn't! Not even close! After much discussion, he promised me that if I got him a clock "with green numbers," like ours, he would stay in bed until "seven-zero-zero." So we made a deal. I bought him the clock, which he was very excited about. And this morning, he STAYED IN BED! Maya was actually the first one in my room at 6:45, and that was only because she needed to use the bathroom. I had to get up to help her out, so I checked on the video monitor to see what Nikos was up to. That kid was lying in bed with his lamp on, reading library books! Furthermore, I sent Maya to tell him he could get up now, and he wouldn't do it! Because it wasn't 7:00 yet, and we had a deal! He ended up convincing Maya to get in bed and read books with him. I got back in bed for another ten minutes and just enjoyed waking up slowly. Here's hoping for a repeat performance (or better yet, LOTS of them!). :)

No comments: