Saturday, May 12, 2012

Bunny!

I've seen this bunny (or a family member?) a few times now. I am 99% sure of where it lives, too (under some fallen branches just outside the cleared area of our yard). Anyway, he or she was out in the yard again this evening, and I was so excited to try and get a picture! I grabbed my camera, adjusted my settings from afar, and did my very best to sneak up on it. Alas, I didn't get very close. I took this photo from across the yard (zoomed in). Still-- it's a BIG bunny! Not like the cute little fluffballs I've seen running around California neighborhoods. This is some serious rabbit! I think it's super cute. Gus suggested rabbit stew. I am fairly certain the kids would side with me on that one!
Anyway, it was eighty degrees today, and absolutely beautiful! Tomorrow is supposed to be the same. I can't wait to get out and enjoy it!
------------------------------
On another "wildlife" note-- Charlie killed his first mouse the other night! Gus and I were both surprised, since he'd never killed anything and we didn't think he had it in him! Well, we live in a wooded area, and mice are sort of a "fact of life." And this little bugger got in through a hole in the wall right under Corky's birdcage (the wall is adjacent to the garage). You can't even see the hole unless you lie down on your stomach-- or if you happen to be a cat. At any rate, there was quite a ruckus going on under the cage the other night, and Charlie went running off when I went to investigate. He was still causing a commotion in the dining room, though, so I walked over there... only to find him playing hockey with a dead white mouse! AAAAAAAAAAAACK!!!!! Yes, I had a little moment. It was SO GROSS! But we are relieved that our kitty has turned out to be a good "mouser." And I have since mopped all my floors... *shudder!*

No comments: