Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Science and Story Hour

Once we got up and ready this morning, we headed to the local children's science museum. We have a membership there, so we can go whenever the mood strikes. The kids had fun showing their grandparents all of their favorite things inside. And after enjoying several rounds of Skittles (which my dad figured out... Gus and I could never get the darn top to spin properly!), we wandered outside to enjoy the forested grounds. That was where I took this photo of the kids with my parents. I love it!
Moments later, Nikos decided to climb the cargo net. For about ten seconds, since it was wet from all the rain yesterday.
After lunch, my mom and I took the kiddos to story hour at the library. It was kind of crazy! Last week, there were only six kids there. This week, there were at least twice as many! I guess that the school district has a half day once a month for professional growth, and today was that day... so there were quite a few school-age kiddos there. Maya was acting kind of wild, too, so it was just generally chaotic. I was sort of glad to leave! Nikos did great, though, and was very engaged in the stories that the librarian read to them. He is so great at making connections to the stories, and is so insightful. Maya might very well be, too, but she is younger and currently has the attention span of a gnat. She definitely keeps me on my toes!

Anyway, it was a nice day, and I am sure the kids will sleep well tonight. I know I will!

No comments: