Friday, April 8, 2011

Week in Review

Well... I decided, not long after my last post, that Maya wasn't really ready to be potty-trained. I figure she is still really young, and when we try again in a few months, it will go much more smoothly. That's my hope, anyway!

At any rate, the decision was liberating. We were no longer house-bound! Hallelujah! We've still stayed pretty close to home all week, but that is fine with me. I've been cleaning things out in preparation for our big garage sale next weekend, and just doing spring cleaning in general. Oh, and working on things for Maya's second birthday party, which is a mere three weeks away! How did that happen??? In the meantime, the kids have seemed to enjoy playing together at home. This morning, they even shut me out of the room they were in, because they were "busy playing with cars." sigh. I am so glad they have each other.

As I was making their lunch, they were both playing in Maya's room. They had taken all the stuffed animals off her bed, thrown them into a heap, and were taking turns jumping off the bed and into said heap. Crazy kids! And then Nikos announced that he was tired, which led to this very cute, very brief moment (that I had grabbed my camera just in time to catch!).

They are so darn cute! Anyway, since I had my camera out, I figured I would also grab a few pics of some of the beautiful flowers in our house right now. I bought a few bunches of daffodils at Trader Joe's yesterday, and they are GORGEOUS! Tulips and daffodils are, hands down, my favorite flowers. I just love them!

And then there are orange blossoms. They aren't my favorite flower, per se, but they do give off one of my most favorite smells in the entire world. I cut this little bit off our orange tree so that it would fill the kitchen with its heavenly smell. Oh my gosh, it smells SO GOOD. Unreal! I may have to cut some more and put them throughout the house. It is the best!

No comments: