Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Tomorrow is another day...

I won't lie, I feel discouraged! While Maya clearly understands the concept of going to the bathroom and how that all works, she doesn't necessarily recognize the urge to go. And when she DOES go (making a big mess), she doesn't cry or act disgusted-- she looks confused. As if to say, "What is this? Why am I all wet? What happened here?"

Of course, Nikos was six months older than she was when we attempted potty training. More than that, even. And while I still think she can do it, it's going to take more work. I was tempted, at one point, to just throw in the towel and try again in a few months. However, the first day is ALWAYS the worst. Even with Nikos. And, having survived that first day, I feel like I need to commit to the full three days. I'm in too deep! There's no looking back! And, worst case scenario, we wait a few months. She is young. It's not a huge deal. I didn't even WANT to potty train her, remember??

Anyway, tomorrow is another day. Potty training is exhausting work, sticking to her side like glue and constantly reminding her to tell me when she has to go potty. I think she was annoyed with me today. But if her annoyance translates into her recognizing the need to go and then telling me, then it will all be worth it. Fingers crossed for more success tomorrow!

No comments: