Wednesday, April 20, 2011

New Stuff

I spent too much money today. Correction: I spent a lot of money, but on useful things that will be well worth the investment. And honestly, I am not the person who splurges on needless things constantly, which is why Gus never says no when I tell him I want to get something big. Did I mention that I love my husband?? :)

First, I made a quick run to Target after I left work today. I needed to pick up a few things for Maya's birthday party, along with some new tennis shoes for her. Overnight, she seems to have outgrown the sneakers she has worn for months now, and I had planned to just buy the same (inexpensive) shoes in the next size up. Only they didn't have her size (6). And then I happened to walk by the cutest pair of shoes in the world, and I knew she needed them. They are SO HER. It's weird to look at a pair of shoes and say, "That is SO my daughter," but I did. Oh gosh, how I love them! Plus they fit her great, go with most of her clothing, and I know she will be able to wear them for a while. Happy feet!

And then there was the new camera. The camera I have now is great, but I have really begun to feel the limitations of the equipment. I am kind of proud of that, actually! I make it work hard!! I know how to compensate for it, for the most part, but it's kind of frustrating. So I wanted to upgrade. I looked at all the money in my photography account, and I had enough to buy a camera that was basically one level up from my current one. However, the more I looked into it, the more I realized I would regret not going up just one more level. It's a bit of a price jump, but the next level brings with it a bunch of features that I REALLY want in my camera. So, with Gus' nod of approval, I BOUGHT IT!!!! It should be here just in time for Maya's birthday, since the camera store is currently closed for Passover. I can't even begin to tell you how excited I am. It's like a dream come true!!!!!!!!!!! While some other girls covet shoes and clothing, I fantasize about cameras. I. CAN'T. WAIT.

Anyway, there ya go. Good thing is that my photography money still covers most of the new camera which, in and of itself, is a pretty cool accomplishment. Yippee!!

No comments: