Sunday, April 17, 2011

Playhouse and Tea Party

First, The Playhouse!

I sent my mom a link to an Etsy store a while back, suggesting that she could make Maya a really awesome playhouse that would fit over a card table. I hinted (not so subtly) that it would make a great birthday gift for her one-and-only granddaughter. Anyway, she did it, and it is INCREDIBLE!!! Seriously, even the pictures do not do it justice. This thing is gorgeous! And fun! Thanks, guys!!

The front-- The mailbox is useable!

Left side-- the strawberries are attached with velcro and can be "picked"

Back-- bunnies and "pickable" carrots (the bunnies were my dad's idea... he and the kids always go looking for bunnies in the wildlife corridor by their house, and Maya loves to announce that the "Bunnies are SLEEPING!" So, one of the bunnies has his eyes closed, hehe!)

Right side-- The flowers can also be picked


So, both kids go bonkers for this house, and understandably so. Then, this morning, Nikos had a great idea! He wanted to dig out the tent that Gus' sister gave the kids for Christmas, and attach it to the house. It seems like SOOOO much fun! Of course, it takes up the entire living room... But wouldn't you have wanted to play here as a kid??

Anyhow... We couldn't play inside all day, especially with such gorgeous weather. I got the kids dressed (both were very picky about what they would wear, and ended up choosing their own ensembles), and lured them outside with the promise of a tea party! During the sale yesterday, Gus and I had gone through some of the remaining things in the garage. I found the ceramic tea set that my Grandma Jo made for me on my 7th birthday! It's been stored in a box all these years. And while I was hesitant, at first, to let the kids play with it, I soon realized that that's what it was for! I am sure my grandma would have loved to see two of her three great-grandbabies getting so much enjoyment out of it. And, as it turned out, the kids were very gentle with the set and did a great job. I even put some water into the tea kettle so that they could practice pouring and drinking from cups. Don't worry, it was all clean! And, of course, I took pictures. Because that is what I do!

No comments: