Saturday, April 30, 2011

Random Thoughts (to prolong a Friday)

1. Nikos picks up the most random things. In an adorable way, of course! Case in point: Last night, Maya touched the dirty dishes as I was loading them into the dishwasher. I told her to go wash her hands in the bathroom, not entirely sure of what the results would be. She hopped back to the bathroom (she's big on bunnies lately), and I washed my hands to follow her. When I got there, Nikos had turned on the water for her and was pumping soap into her hands. It was SO cute! After she finished rinsing and drying her hands, I suggested that she give her brother a nice hug and say thank you for helping. His response? "No problem! It was my pleasure!" Where on EARTH did he get that? I loved it! But it was really hard not to laugh!

2. Nikos provided us with an early wake-up call this morning. He is usually early to rise, anyway (compared to his sister), but 5am was extreme for him. He wanted to snuggle with us. I told him that he could, on the condition that he SLEPT instead of TALKED (which he is much more likely to do... our little chatterbox!). I admit, I didn't think he would be able to do it. But he laid between us and closed his eyes, feigning sleep the best he could. And then he actually fell asleep, and was the last person to get up this morning. That's right, folks... Maya was the one to wake him up. That NEVER happens!

3. My camera arrived today!!!!!! I am in love! And I have a birthday party tomorrow to photograph, so stay tuned! :)

No comments: