Monday, April 25, 2011

Post-Easter Wrap Up!

And so the insanity continues! Last weekend, we had our garage sale. This weekend was Easter, so we went up to see Gus' family. Next weekend is Maya's birthday (and birthday party), which should be slightly bigger than usual with our whole moving-across-the-country thing coming up. Then the weekend after that is Mother's Day. And then there are only four more weekends after that until the school year is OVER... which means our move will be closer than ever. And don't even get me started on how busy the end of the year is at school. Ack! My eyelid has already been twitching for two weeks straight. Can you say "stress"???

Anyway... As I mentioned previously, we spent most of the weekend with Gus' family. Saturday was sunny and beautiful, and the kids had a ton of fun playing outside. They rode tricycles, played inside pappou's car, and also pretended to drive yiayia's convertible. Meanwhile, Gus and his parents wrestled with the lamb, rinsing it off and hanging it to dry in the garage. It really is amazing how much time and effort goes into roasting a whole lamb!

On Sunday, it decided to rain. It was so weird and unexpected, after Saturday's beautiful blue skies and warm temps. The lamb had to be roasted under an umbrella outside! Still, the kids had fun. They made sugar cookies with yiayia, and were thrilled to visit with theia and Bill. They donned their Easter finery after naptime, when the Easter Bunny came to visit (again) with more goodies! They loved searching for eggs in the yard once the rain stopped!

After that, it was time for dinner. Both kids got a kick out of the annual Easter egg contest. Everyone picks an egg, and you take turns cracking them together. The one with the strongest egg wins. Of course, both kids declared that they won, as they held their broken eggs in their hands. So cute!!

And one more cute one, of Maya and her godparents (AKA her aunt and her fiance):

Anyway, it was a good weekend, but I am tired! I feel like I am just now catching up, and it's crunch time for Maya's birthday party. I can't believe that my sweet girl will be TWO on Sunday. I really can't. But don't get me started on that, because I might cry.

On that note, good night! I might not post a lot this week, because I will be busy, but be prepared for an onslaught after this weekend!

P.S. Our big boy is exactly 3.5 years old today!!!

No comments: