Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Too young?

Ack, this is killing me!

Maya understands the whole we-go-potty-on-the-toilet thing. She is excited about it. She wants to be a big girl. She tells me when she is about to poop.

Peeing, however, is an entirely different story. There has been no change this morning. In fact, if she pees while she is sitting down, it takes her a while to notice... and then she just gets up and moves to sit somewhere else. I've already cleaned up two big messes, and we still don't have any successes. And right now, she is taking a nap in a pull-up (looks like it will be a two-nap day, which is nice!).

I just don't know what to do. Part of me says that I've come this far, and I should see it through. Another part of me says I should just wait a few months, and it will go much more smoothly (like it did with Nikos). I feel like I COULD potty-train her right now, but it's going to require a lot more effort because she is younger.

So, I don't know. Maybe I will finish today and see where we are at. But if she will potty train easily in a few months, it might just be worth the wait.

No comments: