Saturday, September 27, 2008

*Uh-oh...

On a whim, I decided to try on my bridesmaid dress for Mike and Steph's wedding last night. And it's a good thing I did, because it doesn't fit!! I can't get the zipper up-- and it's not because of my bloated belly. It's because of my RIBS! They seem to have expanded overnight, and there's just no fighting against bone structure, you know? So I will be taking the dress to the seamstress today to see if she can fix it. The dress is way too long, so it has to be shortened, anyway... And I'm hoping she can use some of that extra fabric to sew in a little panel next to the zipper to give me some more room (the zipper is on the side, which is pretty fortunate, I think). I'll also ask her for advice on what to do about the belly region... I can't really predict how big I'll be in two months, especially since I'm already bigger with this pregnancy than I was with Nikos. But when I stick my stomach out as far as I possibly can, that part of the dress still fits. So I might be okay there.

It makes me so mad, though, because I intentionally ordered a larger dress, knowing full well that I could possibly be pregnant by the time of the wedding! But I didn't know my rib cage would expand so soon. I wonder what other fun surprises are in store for me this time around...

No comments: