Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Independent Streak

I guess Nikos is trying to tell us that he's growing up, though I'm not really sure that I'm willing to accept that just yet!

Last week, our little guy started to give us some trouble when we'd try to spoon-feed him. It didn't matter what was on the spoon-- he just wanted nothing to do with it! We thought maybe he was teething or just not feeling 100%... but then we'd put Cheerios on his tray, and he'd gobble them by the handful! He was clearly hungry, but still refusing to be fed. And he'd chug his bottles down in minutes. It was so frustrating!

Today, it was more of the same thing. I swear that this kid's insides must be made up almost entirely of Cheerios, given how he inhales them! For dinner, though, I decided to make up a meal consisting entirely of foods he could feed himself, on the chance that my theory was correct. And of course, he devoured the whole thing (2 scrambled egg yolks with melted cheddar on top, some whole-wheat pasta, and some peas). He must've been starving from all those other meals where we tried to spoon-feed him!

It appears that our guy just wants to feed himself these days... He's asserting his independence already! Just when we get into a nice groove, he likes to mix things up a bit and keep us on our toes. But that's okay. I'm just going to have to get a little more creative with what I feed him, I guess!

No comments: