Friday, September 12, 2008

*Single Mother of Two...

Ok, so one of the two happens to be an embryo slightly larger than a poppy seed, but still! I really don't know how single parents do it. My hat is off to them, because this week has been completely exhausting. Gus has been in Panama on a business trip, so it's been just me and the kiddo. That alone is enough to make anyone tired. Throw in a pregnancy, and I could just pass out right here and now. And then add to that a sick cat (who peed all over the floors that the aforementioned kiddo crawls on), and a few meetings at work that I had to run, and it's just been a glorious week!

As if that wasn't enough, Gus called last night to tell me that his flight (through Houston) has been canceled due to Hurricane Ike. Greeeeaaaat... I struggled with an uncooperative internet connection and eventually managed to find and book another flight, this one going through Dallas and landing in L.A. Then I booked him a rental car to make the drive from L.A. to home. It was a pain, but it worked... Gus should be home in about half an hour! I am so excited to not be a single parent anymore (until the next trip, at least).

No comments: