Thursday, June 26, 2014

Strawberries!

We actually went strawberry picking yesterday morning, but I didn't have time to post about it until now. In honor of our anniversary, Gus left work early and we went out to dinner and a movie-- as a family! It was very nice. And it made sense to spend the evening with the most obvious products of our nine years of marriage! We saw "How to Train Your Dragon 2," which I thoroughly enjoyed. It was a lovely evening!

However, we spent yesterday morning outside in the blazing sunshine, picking about seven pounds of berries (I made them stop after that, knowing full well that I would need to process all the fruit!). We went with Caryn and her kids, as usual... this is our third year picking berries there together. Crazy how the time flies!
Fast forward to today... it was hot and humid and thunderstorm-y. I had to back out of a playdate at the park because I had so much packing, shopping, and food preparation to do for our camping trip tomorrow. The kids swam outside in our tiny pool and had a great day, but I am exhausted!!!!! Our weekend should be great, though. Stay tuned for lots of pictures! :)

No comments: