Thursday, June 19, 2014

Niko's Last Day

Sing it with me: SCHOOL'S OUT FOR SUMMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yeah!!!!! We made it! I officially have an almost-first-grader and an almost-kindergartener. It seems crazy to me. But Niko has had a wonderful year, and we are so proud of all the growth he has made academically, physically, emotionally, everything! Our big boy!
And, just for comparison... I found his journal tonight, while digging around for some things I was to use this summer (I am a teacher, after all!). He wrote in this last spring/summer, and I remember being so amazed by it. But I want to share a picture of some of his writing, side-by-side with writing he did on a recent homework packet. What an amazing year this has been!
Meanwhile... our little girl continues to amaze us with her own growth! She has been really interested in writing lately, and her handwriting and spelling have been improving by leaps and bounds. She is SO ready for kindergarten! I can't wait to see where she is in a year!
Also, I did a little interview with her a few days ago, much like I did with Niko before he started kindergarten. I wanted to do it while he was still in school, since I KNEW he would interrupt Maya when she was trying to answer. So, without further ado-- Maya's Pre-Kindergarten Interview!
As tomorrow is our first official day of summer vacation, we have big plans to have lunch at our favorite seasonal restaurant here in town, followed by swimming at Caryn's house. To quote The Lego Movie (which the kids got today as a little gift): "Everything is awesome!!!" :)

No comments: