Monday, June 23, 2014

A Story, by Niko

I just love this story that Niko wrote. I've been having the kids write in journals since Friday, and he's finally starting to get into it. It makes me so happy! Maya loves writing in her journal, though I generally write the words for her (and then she traces over them). Niko, however, writes completely on his own. I am going to type out his story below, exactly as he wrote it in the journal (including misspellings and other errors). NOT BAD for a kindergartener, if I do say so myself! :)

Niko wishes that he can be a dino. He would be a Spinosaurus. He likes t-rexes better, but he was playing with his dino toys.

So one night I saw the first star. I wished I could be a dinosaur. I did not tell anybody my wish so it could come true.

And it did he had sharp claws. he had sharp teeth. and he was 4000000 feet tall. and his eyes were brite blue and his body was yellow, and he had a red spine.

Niko's mom was creept out. She never saw him like a dino. She did not like him like a dino. So She told him

look for the first star

I dont want to!

You have to

Ok I said.

And I did.

He saw the first star. He did not want to, But he had to. So he did. He made his wish.

He was himself agin. All the bad stuff was gon. His mom was happy. He had fun being a dino. But he liked being Niko more. So he was happy.

The End

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is the cutest thing ever! I love that you're doing this, and they will love reading them when they're older. Happy anniversary! :)