Saturday, March 31, 2012

What a Difference a Week Makes...

Well, it's more like two weeks, but seriously! Two weeks ago, it was sunny and nearly 80 degrees. This morning, I woke up and could practically hear the sleigh bells ringing, haha! Seeing the new swing set with a dusting of snow on the roof when it's almost APRIL is just weird! But I guess that is life here!

It stopped at around ten o'clock, and it never really accumulated. The rest of the day was pretty nice, actually! I left the house early this morning to meet up with my friend for some shopping and lunch. We got a lot of things purchased for our girls' respective birthday parties (both coming up shortly), and I was able to take care of the kids' Easter baskets. My being gone also gave Gus time to take care of MY birthday stuff. Oh no, he's not a procrastinator, not at all! He certainly wouldn't be grocery shopping at 8:47pm so he could make me breakfast tomorrow. Nope, doesn't sound like the Gus I know. :P SIGH!

Anyway... I spent the rest of the afternoon sorting through all the stuff I bought and attempting to rest while Gus worked on building the hearth for our pellet stove, which is being installed on Monday (YAY!). I came down with a nasty bug on Thursday evening, and it has wiped me out. I hate being sick! Especially when Gus is gone on a business trip and I'm a solo parent (he got back late last night). It also looks like Maya might be coming down with it, too, since she was a major crankypants all afternoon (very unlike her). Poor thing. I just hope Nikos and Gus aren't next in line!

On that note... I am tired! Time to rest. But here's an entertaining little boy I know trying out a fake mustache (random party favor I picked up for the boys, haha!):

No comments: