Monday, March 12, 2012

Beautiful, Wonderful, Glorious Day!

It was just shy of seventy degrees here today. Seventy!!! While that's a pretty typical day in San Diego, this was the warmest it's been in the 3.5 months we have lived here. And I have to say... having been through all these cold, bundled-up days, seventy felt SO HEAVENLY! The sun was shining, there was just the slightest breeze, and it was so, so nice. So... we opened up the windows for the first time, aired out the house, and spent hours upon hours enjoying our warm, sunny yard!

We started by having lunch al fresco...

Then we did some art. I set up the easel, but ran into the issue of needing something for the other kid to do while one was painting. Remembering something I'd seen online, I whipped up a batch of cloud dough (4 cups flour + 1/2 cup baby oil). It behaves similarly to wet sand, but is very soft and lightweight. Not to mention it smells nice and makes your skin soft. It was a lot of fun! Definitely a winner! So they took turns playing with the dough and painting for quite a while, while I lounged on the deck. Ahhh...





Eventually, Nikos wanted to go down to the grass and run around. So that's what they did! I actually sat on the grass and just basked in the warm sun. The ran, played tag, pretended to be airplanes, threw pinecones down into the ditch, and played Red Light, Green Light. For hours!



We came inside for a bit so that I could actually wash dishes and whatnot (boo!), but we went right back out as soon as I was done... (this time armed with my sunglasses and an iced coffee... ahhh!)



And that was most of our day! It was just perfect! And weird, if you will remember this photo from exactly one week ago!! Gus rode his motorcycle to work, along with the rest of the state (seriously, there were a LOT of motorcyclists out today!). We had tacos for dinner. It felt like spring, and it was such a boost after getting through a few months of somewhat dreary weather. Plus, it reminded me that my birthday is almost here! I love Spring! YAY!

One last thing... both kids wanted to try on Gus' motorcycle helmet tonight. haha!

And on that note... good night!

No comments: